1. Article: Puduraya area almost free of ticket scalping (Malay Mail, 5 Mail 2011)
2. Article: Terminal Bas ala KL Sentral – discusses a proposal to revamp the Terminal One bus terminal in Seremban to make it more like KL Sentral.
[TRANSIT: The irony here being that KL Sentral was never designed as a bus terminal. Let’s hope they can do better with Terminal One!]
3. Letter: Kad Rabbit ticketing system as good as cash (The Star, 5 May 2011) – Mohamed Hazlan Mohamed Hussain, director of Prasarana’s bus division, responds to complaint about RapidKL’s new bus ticketing system.
4. Article: Rapid bus service ridership up by nearly 75 per cent (NST, 2 May 2011) – discusses ridership growth in the four RapidBET routes.
5. Blog posting Bus signage can be beautiful (Human Transit) – an interesting blog post from Human Transit about the value of information on bus signage – something that we need to learn about in Malaysia.
6. Federal Territories Minister Raja Nong Chik comments on Puduraya and congestion issues in these two articles:
- Use public transport, Nong Chik tells motorists (The Star, 7 May 2011)
- Nong Chik pleased with improvement made at Puduraya terminal (The Star, 7 May 2011)
7. Article: Convenient way to see Putrajaya (The Star, 7 May 2011) – Putrajaya Bus Operator Nadi Putra is offering a “Best of Putrajaya” bus tour for RM1. There are three “photo stops” where tourists can take photos of Taman Putra Perdana, Seri Warisan Bridge and the Boulevard.
8. Article: Joy ride on the ETS gets better (The Star, 7 May 2011) – More information on the new packages for the ETS and future discounts.
9. Article: Eight hurt in bus crash (The Star, 4 May 2011).
10. Article: Bus service hours resumed after assault issue resolved (The Star, 2 May 2011)
11. Letter: Faster train service, please (The Star, 5 May 2011) – Dr. A Soorian of Seremban comments on the call for a revival of the Seremban-Port Dickson railway, saying that that improved public transport links between KL & Seremban are needed first.