1. Hotline Story: End of the road (Malay Mail, 1 April 2011) – S. Selvananathan will have to continue to live with the bus stop next to his house.
2. Article: Malaysia-Singapore border transport gets a boost (The Star, 1 April 2011) – Come July, taxis plying both sides of the Singapore-Malaysia border will be able to pick-up and drop-off passengers anywhere in their respective countries.
3. Hotline Story: T ‘n G card unreadable in bus (The Malay Mail, 28 March 2011) – Ricky Yap has found his TnG card unreadable on a RapidKL bus that apparently had a faulty card reader.
5. Article: ‘LRT extension project won’t cost more than RM7bil’ (Star Property, 4 April 2011) – an update from Prasarana Project Management Developer Zulkifli Mohd Yusof on the LRT extension project. According to this article, Mitrajaya unit accepts RM90.78m contract for LRT Ampang line extension (The Edge, 1 April 2011) the Ampang Line extension will be going ahead soon.
6. Article: IJM unit New Pantai Expressway gets ‘greenlight’ for NPE extension to Ampang (The Edge, 1 April 2011)
[TRANSIT: The new is not exactly public transport-related but think of the potential for a Bus Rapid Transit route along the NPE, linking USJ & Sunway to Petaling Jaya Selatan (and the KTM Komuter) as well as Taman Desa, Sg. Besi & Ampang!]
7. Hotline Story: Monday blues worsened by LRT delays (The Malay Mail, 5 April 2011) – Cecilia of Setapak complains about a delay on the Kelana Jaya LRT line.
8. Article: Support e-cycles (Malay Mail, 5 April 2011) – Manufacturers of electric bicycles want dialogue with government to come up with guidelines for their use on Malaysian roads.
Click here for a larger version of the image above.
TRANSIT: Let’s solve everyone’s problem and save everyone lots of time. If are under the age of 15 and you are ridingany road-capable vehicle (motorized or not) you must wear a protective helmet.
If you are over the age of 16 and you are riding any motorized vehicle (road-capable or not) you must wear a protective helmet and the vehicle must be insured.
Done and done.
10. TRANSIT also took note of 3 letters in the NST about public transport:
- Public transport: Ease congestion on LRT (NST, 7 April 2011) – Veknesh Shan of Puchong complains about passenger behaviour;
- Public transport: Beef up service (NST, 7 April 2011) – J.D. Lovrenciar of KL comments on the need for a stronger bus network.
- Public transport: Bad bus drivers (7 APril 2011) – N.A.M.S. of Jelebu, Negri Sembilan, complains about the generally poor attitude of many bus drivers.