TRANSIT apologizes for the long delay between updates.
1. Prime Minister Najib Razak will be introducing the findings and plans for the National Key Results Areas (NKRAs) on Thursday 17th and Friday 18th December.
- Article: All the facts on NKRA, 1Malaysia out this week (NST);
- Article: Govt to seek public feedback on NKRAs this Friday (the Star);
- Article: PM invites people to attend Open Day on govt KPI plan (the Star);
- Article: Govt transformation programme open day (Bernama / Malay Mail)
2. The quality of taxi service has become a hot issue again with controversial comments from Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Mohd. Nazri Aziz and complaints from taxi operators in response.
Article: Malaysia’s taxi drivers ‘worse than dirty toilets’ (The Age / AFP)
- Article Taxi drivers demand that Nazri withdraw statement about taxis and toilets (Malay Mail);
- Article: Cabbies demand Nazri apologise (NST);
- Article: Cabbies want Nazri to say sorry over toilet remark (The Star).
- Article: Nazri slams cab association (The Star);
- Article: Taxi body should seek ways to improve service, not cheap publicity (Malay Mail / Bernama)
The public view
Letter: POOR SERVICE – Taxi drivers rule the roost in KL (NST)
3. Letter: Have one body to carry out plans (NST) – Paul Selvaraj of the Consumer Research and Resource Centre comments on the large number of agencies responsible for public transport in Malaysia.
4. Hotline Stories from the Malay Mail have a number of comments about RapidKL bus service including feedback and responses from RapidKL. Once again, TRANSIT appreciates the efforts of the Malay Mail for maintaining their Hotline service.
- Article: NO DIRECT BUS (Malay Mail);
- Article: Hassle on bus ride to KL (Malay Mail);
- Article: Spooked by rash bus driver (Malay Mail).
5. Letter: MONTHLY TICKETS: Strict RapidPass checks in place (Malay Mail) – comments from RapidKL on the proper use of monthly RapidPass.