The recent controversy about comments by Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Mohd. Nazri Aziz about taxi service in KL being ranked worse than Malaysia’s dirty toilets is an interesting controversy and deserves attention.
But this post is not about that issue.
TRANSIT noted an interesting picture in this article from the Star & Bernama
We know nothing about Perak Transit except that it is a service 0perated by Combined Bus Services Sdn. Bhd., a consortium of operators in Perak.
We know Combined Bus Service Sdn. Bhd. was discussed a number of times on our website, especially in relation to the proposed Ipoh Sentral Transport Hub, but we have not been able to find much information about the services they will offer. We do not know their business address, phone number, email address, website (assuming they have any of the above) and need to find this information as soon as possible.
Perak residents, please share as much information as you can about the Perak Transit service including photos and route information, flyers etc.
And for those of you who are interested, please see the following comments and articles about public transport in Ipoh:
Proposals from TRANSIT
- TRANSIT’s Proposal for Greater Ipoh Rapid Transit (.pdf report file);
- TRANSIT’s Proposal for Greater Ipoh Rapid Transit (Powerpoint File);
- TRANSIT’s Proposal for Greater Ipoh Rapid Transit (Routes Map).
Posting & articles about Ipoh, Ipoh Sentral and public transport in Perak
- More about Ipoh;
- Ipoh Bus Hub: Hold on says TRANSIT;
- An `Ipohite’s response to state government’s new bus revamp;
- Ipoh Echo Newsletter, 1-15 December 2008 (see page 3);
- Blog of Taiping Member of Parliament Nga Kor Ming;
- Article: 200 new buses costing RM150m for Ipoh (the Sun) 19 September 2008;
- Article: ‘Technicalities’ hold up bus terminal project (the Star) 25 August 2009