1. Letter: Put public transport back on track (The Star) – J. D. Lovrenciar of KL calls for improvements to public transport to reduce commute times & stress & improve quality of life.
2. Letter: Make cycling a way of life (The Star) – Dr. A. Soorian of Seremban calls for improvements to cycling infrastructure to encourage this healthy activity.
3. Letter: Danger of driving when one’s tired (The Star) – Lau Bing of Subang Jaya comments on the dangers of tired driving, especially in long-distance & intercity buses.
4. Article: Hill railway to run again by end March (The Star) – update on the Penang Hill Railway upgrade project, which was supposed to be completed September 28. The project is run by the Tourism Ministry.
[TRANSIT: Click here to see pictures of the new coaches, which arrived at the end of August. At least they bought the coaches in advance, not like KTM’s ETS trains.]
5. Article: 138 track intrusions at RapidKL Kelana Jaya LRT line last year (The Star) – self explanatory – but we wonder how passengers can be so careless.
6. Articles discussing the Ministry of Transport’s attempts to be more proactive with respect to buses:
- More buses will ensure reliable schedules, says Kong (The Star)
- Ministry to push ahead to improve bus services in Klang valley (The Star)
7. Letter: KTM is still mired in the past century (Malaysiakini.com) – Richard Teo of Seremban describes his unhappy experience on his first KTM rail trip in nearly 40 years.