1. Article: Sultan of Johor wants the new bridge to replace causeway (Malay Mail) – Comments from the Sultan of Johor on the occasion of the opening of JB Sentral train station.
2. Article: 35,000 commuters use women’s coach daily, says minister (Malay Mail) – According to Transport Deputy Minister Datuk Abdul Rahim Bakri, some 35,000 commuters used the women-only coach on a daily basis. He also said Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad (KTMB) would extend it to the Sentul-Batu Caves route by the middle of next month.
3. Article: Rude security guard at LRT station (Malay Mail) – RUSDI of Ampang, Kuala Lumpur claims he was treated rudely by a security guard at the LRT station at KLCC earlier this month.
4. Article: It pays to take public transport (NST) – Zainab Kamal and 7 other winners receive their iPhones from RapidPenang.
5. Article: KTMB land in Singapore leased (NST) – the Dewan Rakyat was told that KTMB never owned the railway lands in Singapore and had actually leased them (mostly for a 999 year period) for transport uses only, from the government of the Straits Settlements in 1918. Hence, it was not possible for the government to actually sell the KTM railway lands in Singapore, because the Malaysian government never owned the lands in the first place.
6. Article: Railwaymen threaten to hold pickets (Malay Mail) – Members of the Railwaymen’s Union reiterated their threat to hold pickets on July 7 and July 21 to protest decisions made by KTMB President Dr. Aminuddin Adnan.
7. Letter: Poor service from ticketing counter to destination (The Star) – Vivian Chan of Penang complains of poor service from the Konsortium Bas Ekspres company.
8. Article: Ministry to resolve ‘park and ride’ (NST) – Minister of Transport Kong Cho Ha states that the Ministry will be looking into expanding Park & Ride facilities at rail stations to reduce the number of cars driving into KL.