1. Letter: MRT plan will end all nightmares (NST) – Nisha Krish of Petaling Jaya writes the the MRT network will end the nightmare of having to travel into KL.
[TRANSIT: Excuse us if we smile…just a little. Her letter reminds us of the “Dreaming the LRT Dream” articles written by Moaz Yusuf Ahmad back in 2007.]
2. Article: Skybus plies new route (The Star) – shuttle bus operator Skybus now plies the Bandar Utama – LCCT route. There are also plans to expand to areas like Sunway & Puchong.
[TRANSIT: Watch for a feature on private bus terminals soon.]
3. Article: No taxi permit for ex-criminals (The Star) – Self explanatory but it only applies for drivers looking for individual permits – so former criminals could still secure a job with a taxi company.
4. Article: Over 153,000 summonses issued on commercial vehicles in three months (Malay Mail) – response to a question in Parliament on the jurisdiction & actions of the JPJ (Road Transport Department).
5. Article: Rude Star LRT ticketing counter staff (Malay Mail) – MOHD KHIR ISMAIL of Ampang claims the Star LRT ticketing counter staff at Bukit Jalil station on May 16 were rude to him.
6. Letter: Bravo to monorail driver (Malay Mail) – Thiba Subashini writes a letter to commend a monorail driver who assisted a blind passenger to disembark from the monorail.