1. Article: Sabah Railways also told to hurry up (Daily Express) – The Sabah Railways Department and contractors of the over RM300 million railway upgrading project from Tanjung Aru to Tenom have been urged to expedite its completion. For more information about Sabah State Railways, please see our recent post.
2. Article: Sleeping man turns out dead (NST) – bus passenger dies in his sleep on a journey to Kuala Terengganu.
3. Articles on continued problems with taxi cabs:
- Taxi drivers back to old ways (NST);
- Cabbies still up to cheap tricks (Malay Mail);
- Thumbs up for metered cabs (The Star) – support for the metered cabs & cab registration at Pavillion Shopping Centre in Bukit Bintang, KL
- Taxi drivers still overcharging (Streets-NST);
Self explanatory but this time, the Minister responsible for the CVLB wants more public reporting of these behaviours. The CVLB has launched a 3 months long awareness campaign to get more passengers to be aware that they should not use taxis without meters.
As always, TRANSIT reminds you to contact the CVLB hotline at 1-800-88-9600 or MySMS at 15888 when you have a complaint – and please copy your complaint to TRANSIT.
4. Article: Passengers fed up with abuse, want more buses (NST) – feedback related to #3 above.
5. Blog post: Penang’s long awaited local plan sees light (Anilnetto.com) – valuable information about the Penang Draft Local Plan, which will help in the planning for future public transport.
6. Article: Surprise on bus ride (The Star) – The Minister of Transport takes the bus again, causing shock and awe among Penang residents.
7. Article: Flyover opens 10 months early (The Star) – the flyover linking Jalan Dewan Bahasa & Jalan Bukit Bintang to Jalan Istana has been completed, providing another route for public transport (RapidBET) to enter and exit the city.
8. Article: Bus didn’t follow route (Hotline Malay Mail) – Hotline story about a Metrobus not following its route. Submit complaints to Hotline here.
9. Article: MID-YEAR DATE FOR KL 2020 (Malay Mail) – The KL City 2020 Draft Local Plan is expected to be gazetted in mid-2010. Information about the public transport section of the KL City 2020 Draft Local Plan can be seen here.
10. Blog posting: North Klang Taxi Stand Demolished (MP Kapar) – Kapar MP S. Manikavasagam asks why the North Klang Taxi Stand was demolished on 20 January 2010 despite a call from Selangor Menteri Besar Khalid Ibrahim to halt demolition.