1. Article: MPV plunges onto railway tracks (The Star) – various newspapers caught this article about a Naza MPV that plunged off an expressway on ramp and onto the KTM Komuter track, just west of the Subang Jaya KTM station.
2. Info: RapidKL Launches Bus Driver ID on its buses (RapidKL) – RapidKL issued the press release below with little response from the media.
KUALA LUMPUR, 22 October 2009 – In our ongoing efforts to improve service quality, Rangkaian Pengangkutan Integrasi Deras Sdn Bhd (RapidKL) today launched an initiative to project a more responsible image to it’s bus drivers, namely, Bus Driver Identification.
RapidKL’s Chief Operating Officer, Dato’ Mohamed Hazlan Mohamed Hussain said the reason for displaying Bus Driver Identification in all RapidKL buses is to live up to RapidKL’s reputation as a responsible public transport company.
3. Article: Putting the brakes on speeding bus drivers (The Star) – an article proposing speed limiters on express buses.
4. Article: Express bus rams into restaurant (NST)
5. Letter: Public transport still inaccessible to disabled (Malaysiakini) – Sam Wong of the Malaysian Association of Standards Users comments on the current state of accessibility in the LRT system.
6. Article: Minimum wage for express bus drivers? (NST) – A proposed minimum wage for public transport drivers hopes to reduce some of the problems within the industry.
7. Article: ‘Views of all states to be sought over Spad‘ (NST) – the government promises in the Dewan Rakyat that it will consider the views of the states with the formation of the Public Land Transport Commission (SPAD).
8. Article: 8 executive taxis fined for traffic obstruction (Streets-NST) – Streets-NST reports on an enforcement exercise in KL.
9. Letter: TRAIN SAFETY: Better to be safe than sorry (NST) – James Gonzales comments on safety issues at our elevated LRT stations.
10. Article: Boycott leaves bus commuters stranded (NST) – A report on a service boycott by bus drivers on CityLiner Kuantan.