1. Article: All Malaysians welcome to PM’s Raya open house (The Star) – the event will be held in the Prime Minister’s official residence, Seri Perdana in Precinct 10 Putrajaya. Shuttle bus service will be provided from Putrajaya Sentral Station and Dataran Putra (next to Putra Masjid). [TRANSIT: We hope that these shuttle buses will be fully accessible. After all, ALL MALAYSIANS WELCOME means ALL MALAYSIANS. Every Malaysian has the right to enjoy the Hari Raya open house!]
2. Article: Penang Transport Council’s biggest test could be PORR (Anil Netto) – The Penang State Exco has set up a Penang Transport Council, whose motto is “moving people, not cars”. The biggest and most formidable challenge for the Council, however, is how it responds to any attempt to revive the highly controversial Penang Outer Ring Road (Porr) project.
3. Articles on the Kelana Jaya extension from:
- Views on Kelana Jaya rail project sought (Streets-NST)
- Public may give feedback on LRT extension project (NST)
- Feedback for LRT extension sought (Business Times)
- Plan to be finalised after public input (Streets-NST)
- Thousands to benefit from LRT extension (The Star)
- No to public display (Malay Mail)
- New LRT line extensions on display from tomorrow (Malaysian Insider)
- RM7b LRT extension (Star Biz)
4. Recent road direction changes are causing confusion & congestion in Klang Town. [TRANSIT: And the North Klang Bus Terminal STILL appears to be closed!]
- Confusing time for motorists in Klang (The Star)
- MPK should spare a thought for pedestrians (The Star)
5. Bus depot to be ready before Hari Raya (The Star) – The first phase of the RM6.2 million bus depot & holding bay on Jalan Hang Tuah, which will relieve pressure on Jalan Pudu & Puduraya, will be ready before Hari Raya.
The contractor expects a handover by Wednesday of this week.
6. Malay Mail Hotline covers complaints on RapidKL service:
- ‘Pay exact fare’ is standard policy on RapidKL buses (Malay Mail 10 September)
- Bus routes are to ease congestion (Malay Mail 25 August)
- U65 the worst bus route in KL (Malay Mail 21 August)
Submit complaints here (please email to email@example.com as well)
7. Transport Ministry To Increase Public Transport Usage To 25 Pct By 2015 (Bernama)
8. Also note that a new ERL shuttle bus service is now operating between the ERL Salak Tinggi station/depot and the LCCT at KLIA. See more information here.
Faster way to LCCT (Malay Mail)
[TRANSIT: What took them so long to figure out that a train company could also operate a shuttle bus service????]