1. RapidPenang introduces Monthly Loyalty Pass – RM70 for unlimited travel. Application form is here.
2. RapidKL Monthly RapidPass (5 different types at costs from RM40, 50, 100 & 150) are on sale from August 20th.
3. Dynamic Diesel on sale from Sept 1 (The Star) – Diesel fuel in Malaysia will meet the Euro 2M standard beginning September 1. [TRANSIT: For your information, European manufacturers are now moving towards Euro 5 standards. Some of our contacts in Malaysia’s transport industry believe that we could have aimed for Euro 3 levels].
4. Subang [Airport] set to reposition itself on the world aviation map (The Star) – More information about the rebranding of Subang Airport as an exciting urban air transport hub. [TRANSIT: Now that the Subang-Kelana Link is open, the open for a KLIA-Subang Jaya KTM-Subang Airport shuttle becomes even more viable].
5. Proposed end-to-end fare for the Melaka Aerorail is RM4.3 (a 18.3 km trip). [TRANSIT: In contrast, a trip from Kelana Jaya to Gombak stationson the Kelana Jaya LRT line (29km in length) only costs RM2.50. Why is the Aerorail so expensive, Chief Minister??]
6. KTMB extends 4 services of the Ipoh-KL shuttle train to Kajang including stops at MidValley and Bandar Tasik Selatan. Two services (Train 54 & 58) from Kajang to Ipoh and 2 services (Train 51 & 55) from Ipoh to Kajang. – See schedule here.
7. Gemas-JB rail project to China consortium (Malay Mail) – The RM7.5 billion double-track railway from Gemas to Johor Baru is set to be awarded to China’s State consortium China Railway Engineering Corporation and China Railway Telecommunication Centre (CRET)