1.Article: Woman dies in car-bus crash (NST) – A 64-year-old woman was killed and her Indonesian employee seriously injured when the car they were travelling in was involved in a collision with a bus at Km10 Jalan Kuantan-Gambang yesterday.
2. Article: Isu ETS – Pekerja KTMB ancam piket (Malaysiakini.com) – KTMB Railwaymen’s Union is planning a picketing action to protest the setting up of ETS Sdn. Bhd., a separate subsidiary under KTMB that will focus on the Electric Train Service. The RMU claims that the setting up of the subsidiary is a violation of the collective agreement with the workers.
3. Article: Pemandu asing pasang tonto (Harian Metro) – Self explanatory
4. Letter: Extend MRT to other cities, too (The Star) – Charlie of KL writes that the proposed RM36billion MRT project should be extended to other cities.
5. Letter: Time to put Komuter service on right track (The Star) – Suzanna of KL writes of a poor experience with KTM Komuter service on a trip from Wangsa Maju to Midvalley.
[TRANSIT: Suzanna, next time take the free shuttle bus from Bangsar. It is more convenient]
6. Article: Pleasant surprise for 30 millionth ERL passenger (The Star) – as described in the article.
7. Blog: Public Transport – Back To Square One (tonypua.blogspot.com) – PJ Utara MP Tony Pua posts a letter from Moaz Yusuf Ahmad of TRANSIT.
8. Letter: Keep coach strictly for ladies (The Star) – Najwa of Nilai comments on male passenger using the ladies coach of the KTM Komuter.