1. Article: Overwhelmed by pink (NST) – further updates on KTM’s women-only coaches suggest that some men either don’t get it or refuse to understand the reasons for the policy – further reinforcing the argument that KTM or the Ministry of Women, Family & Community Development should conduct an independent survey of public transport users over a longer period of time.
2. Article: Gombak LRT’s car park to close for construction (NST) – The Gombak light-rail transit station car park will be temporarily closed starting tomorrow (3 June) to facilitate the construction of a multi-level car park.
From the article:
“The construction will take approximately a year and it will have 1,260 parking bays compared to the existing 351,” he said in a statement.
There will be a temporary car park area near the existing one during the construction period.
3. Article: Sweep up the ‘kereta sapu’ menace, say cabbies (The Star) – Registered taxi drivers in JB complain about the continued operation of kereta sapu (illegal taxis) in JB.
4. Article: Miros survey on buses (The Star) – The Malaysian Institute of Road Safety Research (Miros) is conducting a nationwide study on the condition of buses following an increase in the number of fatal accident cases involving such vehicles.
5. Letter: KTMB must resolve technical glitches (NST) – Chelvam Rengasamy comments on an unsatisfactory trip using KTM Komuter.
6. Letter: Public transport: Glitches too much to bear (NST) – JC of Petaling Jaya comments on service disruptions on the Kelana Jaya line.
7. Article: Give Tamil school and temple land to Indian community (NST) – Deputy Federal Territories and Urban Wellbeing Minister Datuk M. Saravanan has urged Keretapi Tanah Melayu Bhd (KTMB) to hand over land, on which Tamil schools and temples are located, to the Indian community.