1. Article: Ang pow for Rapid riders (NST) – RapidPenang will give out Ang Pow to their riders in celebration of the upcoming Chinese New Year holiday.
2. Article: Half fare for the elderly on Rapid Penang buses (The Star) – RapidPenang is phasing out their concession card for elderly passengers. Passengers will simply have to show their MyKad to receive half-fare.
3. Article: Fleet card cloning ring busted with arrest of trio (The Star) – a crime ring cloned RapidPenang fleet cards and used them to steal some of the company’s quota of subsidized diesel.
4. Article: Don’t forsake safety, motorists told (The Star) – Prof. Dr. Farhan from the Malaysian Institute of Road Safety Research (MIROS) reminds motorists to drive carefully in the Chinese New Year holiday.
5. Letter: Let down by missing buses (The Sun) – A rider going by the pseudonym of ‘U60+U43+U88’ complains about problems with bus service on his routes, including a ‘missing bus.’ TRANSIT has asked RapidKL to investigate and update us on their findings.
6. Article: Meru Jaya jadi hab pengangkutan Perak (Berita Harian) – comments on the ground-breaking for the “Ipoh City Integrated Bus Terminal cum Commercial and Business Complex”
TRANSIT: Look for a posting on this soon. As for the name, we kid you not – that is what they posted on the sign. We almost prefer the cliched ‘Ipoh Sentral’
7. Article: JPJ bars 23 buses from leaving terminal (The Star) – 23 express buses were prevented from carrying passengers out of the Butterworth Bus Terminal.
8. Article: A chance for Rapid Penang riders to win iPhones (NST) – RapidPenang offers 8 iPhones as prizes in their Fa Cai CNY contest