1. Updated our FAQ page with a response to a question about the new code system used by RapidKL.
2. Updated our posting about the new 4-Carriage LRT trains for the Kelana Jaya line with links to the Bombardier website (at the end of the posting) in response to a request for additional background information.
3. Railway services to give rural tourism a boost (NST) – The government will try to encourage railway tourism in Malaysia.
4. KTMB offers discounts during Mega Sale (The Star) – KTMB will be offering discounts of up to 25% for inter-city tickets bought between July 5 and Aug 20 – provided that you show them a receipt for RM100 in spending at a local shopping complex.
5. Changes made to Malacca Aerorail route (Malay Mail) – Lim Sue Beng of Pyramid Express Sdn. Bhd. responds to a letter from Moaz Yusuf Ahmad of TRANSIT. That letter questioned a speech made by Malacca Chief Minister Mohd. Ali Rustam in which he described the Aerorail as proceeding from the Ayer Keroh toll plaza to Banda Hilir, then proceeded to state that the Aerorail would be from Jalan Tun Ali to the Zoo Melaka.
6. One too many taxi permits say operators (Malay Mail) – Operators respond to the announcement of 3000 extra permits for individual taxi drivers.
7. New taxi fares in the offing (The Star) – New taxi fares will be announced Thursday. The increases were discussed earlier by TRANSIT.