- Updated with Information + FAQ from RapidKL!
- Updated with articles!
TRANSIT notes that the government-linked Klang Valley bus and rail operator RapidKL introduced a “Ladies Bus Service / Servis Bas Wanita” on 1 December 2010. Please note the following Information + FAQ from RapidKL’s website
The service will have a trial operation period throughout the month of December.
Bas-bas Wanita / Ladies buses will be extra buses added on to 2 morning and afternoon peak hour services on the following routes (click on the route name for detailed route information):
- U1 Pinggiran Batu Caves – Chow Kit
- U8 Damansara Damai – Chow Kit
- U22 Sri Nilam – KLCC
- U4O Terminal Kajang – Pasar Seni
- U60 Puchong Utama – Pasar Seni
- U80 UiTM Shah Alam – Pasar Seni
- U81 Subang Suria – Pasar Seni
during the trial period.
Please note the following service times during the trial period:
- AM ladies buses: 6:45, 7:30 am
- PM ladies buses: 6:00, 6:45 pm
Feedback on the Ladies buses has generally been positive judging from the collection of articles below:
- RapidKL women-only buses on trial run (The Star);
- Women-only bus service gets ecstatic response (NST)
RapidKL is soliciting public feedback using a questionnaire. We hope they will have an online option. In the meantime, try TRANSIT’s unscientific poll below: