Welcome to TRANSIT’s website, a source of information & knowledge about public transportation in the Klang Valley and throughout Malaysia.
Navigation of TRANSIT’s website is easy! For more information, on how to get around the TRANSIT website and what we do here, click below to “read more”
Navigation of TRANSIT’s website is easy!
Just use the tabs at the top of the page or the links below to take you where you want to go:
- Home – Our Blog page, with postings arranged in reverse chronological order;
- About TRANSIT – Information About TRANSIT, who we are, what we are trying to do, and how you can help us;
- Updates – Information about projects as well as collections of articles & letters related to public transport;
- Local Info – Useful information about public transport in Malaysia, from services (routes) to operators, to the laws that govern public transport and the government agencies in charge of the regulation of public transport;
- Research – This page focuses on various aspects of research, from public transport advocacy to academic papers, and even architecture, culture (art, music & museums), Universal Design & Standards;
- Ideas – TRANSIT’s proposals, memos, presentations and papers, as well as masterplans, proposals and other ideas to improve public transport in Malaysia;
- Take Action – Information about how you can take action to improve public transport – from joining TRANSIT to complaining to the government, wakil rakyat or the media – to help in the feedback process;
- F.A.Q. – Frequently Asked Questions on Public Transport;
- C.A.T. – Our page on Competency, Accountability and Transparency (note: this page has been temporarily removed for review and improvement).
Read about Malaysian public transport projects and issues in our “Special Notes”
SPECIAL NOTE 1:
- LATEST: Contact information for SPAD has now been posted on TRANSIT’s website. See our recent posting or our Contacts/Action Page. Do not hesitate to contact SPAD to complain or give feedback about any aspect of public transport service!
- Give feedback to SPAD directly or through TRANSIT – Malaysia’s Public Transport Forum
SPECIAL NOTE 2: After a ‘4-months long’ closure of Puduraya that has stretched to 1 year, Puduraya was reopened on 16 April 2011 to Northbound express buses and intercity buses (e.g. KL – Seremban).
Please note that Southbound express buses now operate at the recently-opened Terminal Bersepadu Selatan at Bandar Tasik Selatan, while some northbound buses will still operate at Hentian Duta off Jalan Duta in KL.
SPECIAL NOTE 4: Public Display and other information for current & proposed rail projects can be found in the categories below, at the links provided:
- Economic Transformation Programme – ETP Public transport proposals; ETP Report, ETP Report Chapter 5 (KL-Klang Valley)
- MRT Proposal for KL (first announcement, TRANSIT’s analysis);
- Public Display for MRT Line 1, (MRT Line 2 & MRT Line 3 coming soon);
- Klang Valley public transport masterplan (coming soon);
- KL-Singapore High-Speed Rail (under feasibility study);
- Government Transformation Programme’s Urban Public Transport NKRA;
- Melaka Tram [TRANSIT notes that although approval was claimed, there was no official public display for the Melaka Tram project];
Seremban-Gemas Electrification & Double Tracking;
Ipoh-Padang Besar Electrification & Double Tracking (coming soon).
- KLIA Aerotrain Upgrade [TRANSIT notes that the 1-year long project is delayed. A date for the restart is unknown];
- Penang Hill Railway Upgrade [Projected to be completed by November 2010, the railway is expected to restart operations in April 2011];
TRANSIT welcomes your feedback on any of the above projects and other public transport related issues, as well as on the layout of our website. Let us know what we can do to improve our website by commenting below, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!