1. Article: New twist to Penang ferry issue (The Star) – Penang Port Sdn. Bhd Managing Director and Chief Operating Officer Ahmad Ibnihajar criticizes the Penang Ports Commission and the state government for issuing statements on the matter of the transfer of the Penang Ferry. For your information, Penang Port Sdn. Bhd. is a federal government agency that operates the Penang Ferry.
2. PPC head: We ran the ferry service before – political infighting continues regarding the Penang Ferry service with this response from the head of the PPC.
3. Article: Commuters’ daily staple of jams (Streets-NST) – despite visits by Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Nazri Abdul Aziz, the situation at the Klang Bus stand has not changed.
4. Govt plans GPS devices on buses to curb speeding – Transport Minister Datuk Seri Ong Tee Keat has said that from Aug 18, 2009 the buses must have the equipment before the vehicles are licensed by the Commercial Vehicle Licensing Board. No information is given about buses that have existing licenses. No information is given on how the government will enforce these regulations when they have the data. No information is given on how the government will come down on the drivers who use drugs or the companies that dont pay their drivers properly.
5. JOHOR ASSEMBLY: Govt offices out of reach of poorer folk – ADUN Abdul Halim Suleiman (BN-Puteri Wangsa) told the Assembly that he had received complaints from his consituents that the new state government administrative centre at Kota Iskandar was only accessible by taxi and a direct bus service should be made available.
One reply on “Updates #10”
[…] TRANSIT recalls the comments that flew back and forth recently between the head of the Penang Ports Commission and the Chief […]