This article, Steps to improve KL transport service, appeared in the Star newspaper today.
It discusses in detail the plans that the government has for changes to public transport in the Klang Valley.
Key features include:
- Expansion of Bandar Tasik Selatan to serve as a single, intermodal hub for express buses (as well as connecting intercity bus, stage bus, taxi, hired car, LRT, KTM, and Express Rail Link)
- Review of the status of RapidKL because of the issue of having a government-sponsored company competing with private companies
- Better enforcement on touting
- Better training of bus and taxi drivers
- Improvements to Puduraya terminal – and a future redesign of the terminal to make it into an intracity and stage bus hub